The System Administrators' Guild of Ireland is pleased to offer its members with an external Nagios Monitoring Service as a member benefit. Below are the details of the Nagios Monitoring Service
- External Service Monitoring using Nagios version 2
- Email alerting (possible *limited* support for SMS alerting in the future)
- You will need to provide some kind of "proof" of ownership/management of domain/hosts/services
You will need to provide:
- We're still working on the details of this - but this is to ensure we don't "annoy" innocent bystanders by mistake!
Main list of service checks would include Ping, SSH, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS - others are of course available, and can be configured as required
- List of contacts to have access (First Name, Surname, Email, Mobile/Phone)
- List of hosts (FQDN, IP, desc - eg Hardware/OS vendor)
- List of services and any specific service checks (eg. Ping, SSH, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS)
- List of host-dependencies (if possible - ie. a gateway/firewall in front of web servers, etc - for host/service dependency checks)
- Other info as necessary/required
The System Administrators' Guild of Ireland Member Nagios Monitoring Service is provided with no guarantee of service. Use of this service is entirely at your own risk. However, every effort will be made to provide a working Nagios Monitoring Service based on your configuration details.
The System Administrators' Guild of Ireland will not be held liable for any loss whether direct or indirect, through the use of this service.
The System Administrators' Guild of Ireland retains the right to remove or modify this service at any time without notice.
While every effort will be made to ensure that the requested alerting is operating properly, The System Administrators' Guild of Ireland cannot be held responsible in the event that a configured alert is not received by the member(s)
Nagios configuration will be removed upon expiry of membership.
By using this service you agree to these terms.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information/service provisioning